Drive Network Agility at the Edge
For the past couple years, SDN and NFV have rapidly evolved from PoC (proof of concept) stage, to the presently widespread deployment. The market has witnessed VNFs (virtualized network functions) bringing service providers new opportunities to optimize their infrastructures and increase service agility. They can move toward a more harmonized cloud-based infrastructure with this virtualized approach, where network elements and applications are defined as sets of virtual machines, virtual storage and virtual network configurations.
SDN and NFV have transformed the traditional network architecture from legacy, proprietary devices to network disaggregation where hardware, OS and VNF components can be leveraged by various third-party vendors.
The trend of network disaggregation has driven the evolution in network management for service providers, starting from proprietary black box solution, to grey box and white box solution for building vCPE and SD-WAN at branch network, MEC platforms at CORD (central office re-architecture data center), and HCI (hyper-converged infrastructure) at datacenters.
Key Benefits of White Box Solutions
Lower CAPEX and OPEX
Edge-to-Cloud White Box Platform
By leveraging our expertise in network security and IT edge computing, Lanner has narrowed down the hardware spec to provide a true whitebox solution, which meets most of the spec customers are looking for as well as certified with wifi and LTE and able to ship to many major countries globally. The benefits to the whitebox solutions will become the foundation of future SD-WAN, uCPE, Cloud RAN and Mobile Edge Computing.
- Virtualization Optimized Compute Engine
- High Availability and Redundancy
- Blade and Modularized Design
- Converged Compute/Storage/Switching
- Integrated Wired and Wireless connectivity
- Onboard Intel® Xeon Processor D-1518/1548 Processor (codename Broadwell-DE)
- 2 x 288pin DIMM DDR4 2400MHz REG (Max. 64GB) or ECC/Non-ECC UDIMM (Max. 32GB)
- 16x RJ45 and 2x 10G SFP+ (SKUA) or 8x RJ45 (SKU B/C), 3 or 7 pairs Gen.3 LAN bypass
- Intel® Xeon® Processor Scalable Family with Intel® C621/C627 Chipset
- 4x 3.5” Swappable HDD, 1x mSATA Onboard Slot
- 10x 288pin, DDR4 2666 MHz REG DIMM, Max. 320GB
- High availability, full redundancy and extreme high performance
- 2 CPU blades in the rear, per blade supports up to 2 Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3/v4 CPUs and 16x DDR4
- BCM StrataXGS™ Trident-II/II+ BCM56854/56860 Switch Fabric with 720/1280 Gbps