Modular Platforms for Optimized High Density Video Transport
Video transport over the Internet Protocol has increasingly occupied network traffic and is anticipated to continue its growth. To meet the growing demand of video content delivery, network infrastructures have evolved in bandwidth and latency minimization to improve the performance for streaming applications.
Therefore, next-generation network infrastructure will require a more modular, scalable, high-performance and cost-effective platform through application virtualizations to accommodate a diverse multimedia demands including video streaming, media analytics and cloud entertainment. To shorten the time-to-market process, Lanner has introduced a wide range of scalable, virtualization optimized servers to enhance bandwidth and reduce latency for OTT and broadcasting networks.
© Intel Corporation. Intel Whitepaper “Rethinking Visual Cloud Services for Evolving Media
High-Density Video Transcoding
Second Generation Intel Xeon Scalable Processors with up to 2.3 GHz high frequency and Intel AVX-512 instruction to optimize video transcoding workloads
Modular acceleration cards powered by Intel Xeon E3 Processor efficiently offload CPU in handling real-time encoding of HEVC video streaming.
Customizable I/O modules support video transcoding over IP from diverse video interfaces, such as 8VSB, QAM, and ASI, to RJ-45 or fiber port at 10/25/40/100GbE speed.
24/7 High Availability
To ensure 24/7 uptimes, full-redundancy design such as redundant power, hot swappable fan and advanced LAN bypass is essential to video transcoding
Intel Select Solutions
Lanner’s NCA-6210 is the first network appliance from Lanner selected for verification as an Intel Select Solution for Visual CDN. Intel® Select Solutions for Visual Cloud Delivery Network are workload optimized solutions that have been verified by Intel to achieve benchmarked results and meet the rapidly emerging needs for content delivery networks (CDNs).
Video Transcoding Module
- Intel® Skylake-H CPU with Intel® C236 Chipset
- NCS2 Form Factor
- 1x SODIMM Socket, Max 16GB (Default 8GB)
1U Video Appliance
- 2nd Gen Intel® Xeon® Processor Scalable Family (Codenamed Cascade Lake)
- 4x GbE RJ45 or 4x 10G SFP+, 4x NIC Module Slots
- 10x 288pin DDR4 2666 MHz REG DIMM, Max. 320GB
2U Video Server
- 2nd Gen Intel® Xeon® Processor Scalable Family with C621/C627 PCH
- Up to 20x 288-pin DIMM and 640GB DDR4 2666MHz REG DIMM
- 2x GbE RJ45 or 2x 10G SFP+ Management Ports (By SKU)
3U Converged Video Server
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3/v4 Processor
- Max. 128GB DDR4 2133/2400 MHz REG DIMM
- 4x PCI-E*16 FH/HL, 2x PCI-E*8 FH/HL