The Covid-19 pandemic has created a ‘new normal’ of work-from-anywhere, making the transformation of both WAN and security architectures a top priority for the enterprise.
The disparity between workplace and in-home security is also brought to the fore, highlighting the inadequacy of any one-size-fits-all approach to security. With differing roles, devices and security policies in homes and businesses, an Edge Appliance must be able to automatically detect individual users and devices on the network and apply an appropriate security policy for each.
With Gartner’s definition of the Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) cybersecurity architecture, networking and security functions are combined into one cloud-based service that allows IT departments to provide a comprehensive and versatile service to the entire workforce regardless of location, in-office or at home.
A U.S.-based Security-As-A-Service (SAAS) provider is cooperating with Lanner to integrate their cloud-native technology with Lanner’s whitebox network hardware platforms to provide security services via the cloud, mobile devices, and the IoT.
This combined solution requires the following features:
- 4 to 16-core Intel Atom SOC CPU – A multi-core computing platform with a high-core CPU providing optimal performance for multiple virtualized network functions and applications.
- Wireless Connectivity support via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and LTE – There are situations where combining cellular connectivity with Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth can make an Edge uCPE solution more useful and functional by increasing its versatility.
- Global Homologation – Certifications for global market access
Lanner’s SASE appliances help solution providers benefit from multi-vendor solutions with time-to-market flexibility, service chaining agility and reduced total cost of ownership. The NCA-1516, a desktop network appliance powered by Intel® Atom® C3000, is capable of both mmWave 5G, Sub-6GHz 5G and its WIfi6 is both 2.4G and 5G compatible. Hardware performance is supercharged with Intel’s QuickAssist Technology and Intel® AES-NI. The NCA-1516 is equipped with ample network communication features and configurations for vCPE/uCPE and SASE.
Featuring 8, 12 or 16-core Intel® Xeon® D-2100 processors, 8x GbE RJ45, 4x SFP+ and Intel® QuickAssist Technology (by SKU) for improved network performance, the NCA-4025 delivers significant performance enhancement in running multiple virtual network functions VNFs in Cloud-based SASE, reduces testing and validation efforts and accelerates time-to-market deployment.
- Accelerating 5G, SD-WAN and SASE Deployments by Joining MEF
- SASE: A Platform to Take SD-WAN Forward into Post-pandemic Digital Era
1U 19” Rackmount Network Appliance with Intel Xeon® D-2100 8~16 Cores Processor (Codenamed Skylake-D)
|CPU||Intel® Xeon® D2100 8/12/16 Cores|
5G/Wifi6 Ready Desktop Appliance with Intel Atom® C3000 CPU (Codenamed Denverton)
|CPU||Intel® Atom® C3000|