Field Application Engineer is part of the Product/Project Management team and the primary technical resource for the field sales force. Field Application Engineer is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. The Field Application Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users; must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process; and must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- Perform hands-on testing of evaluation samples.
- Visit on-site facilities and provide technical supports.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and duplicate reported issues.
- Follow up closely with headquarter engineers to enable solution integration and issue resolution.
- Ensure open tickets are closed in timely manner with customer’s satisfaction.
- Obtain and verify product testbed/test scripts.
- Has fundamental knowledge of computer structure. Understand latest x86 architecture is a plus.
- Understand basic commands in DOS and Linux environments. Understand virtual OS is a plus.
- Understand how to install firmware/BIOS/driver/OS image.
- Has basic hardware troubleshooting skill.
- Has good management skill in task following up.
- Has good technical communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Computer Science or Electrical Engineering preferred) or equivalent experience.
3-5 years of application engineering or equivalent experience. Office automation software experience.
- Full Time
- Lanner Electronics is an equal opportunity employer.